Marinated Tofu with Cold Peanut Noodles
Drain noodles well before coating with sauce.
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 eight-ounce package soba or other thin wheat noodles
- Coconut Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 packages (12.3 ounces) firm silken tofu
- 12 radishes, sliced paper thin
- 8 ounces jicama, peeled, cut into 1-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) pea shoots or sprouts
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add salt. Add soba noodles; cook until al dente, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain into a large colander; rinse with cold water until completely cool. Drain well. Transfer noodles to a large bowl; add peanut sauce to coat.
Combine soy sauce, mirin, and ginger in a bowl. Cut tofu into 8 pieces; place one on each plate. Drizzle with soy mixture. Divide noodles among plates; top with radishes, jicama, and pea shoots.