Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime, and Peanuts
The style of the dish is Vietnamese, but the shrimp is pure Louisiana. Just grill until pink, and toss with a peanut-and-lime sauce.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2009
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound (about 15) jumbo shrimp, shells on
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
Zest limes into a bowl. Squeeze in juice from 1 lime, and whisk in fish sauce and sugar.
Preheat grill to high. Brush shrimp with oil on both sides, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill until pink and firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Toss shrimp with fish-sauce mixture, cilantro, peanuts, and scallions. Juice remaining lime over shrimp.