Prosciutto and Gruyere Wraps
Prosciutto, gruyere and mushrooms are a savory combination in those wraps.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2010
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 warmed pieces lavash bread or 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 halved garlic clove
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced gruyere cheese
- 1/4 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 6 cups baby arugula (4 ounces)
In a bowl, combine mushrooms, lemon juice, and extra-virgin olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are softened, about 30 minutes. Rub lavash lightly with garlic clove.
Dividing evenly, layer lavash with prosciutto and gruyere cheese, red onion, marinated mushrooms (liquid reserved), and baby arugula. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle each lavash with 1 tablespoon reserved mushroom liquid. Roll up to form a wrap. Cut in half to serve.