Chickpea Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Tangy buttermilk dressing and toasted walnuts complement chickpeas, lettuce, radish, and green beans in this refreshing salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2004
- 12 ounces green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 radishes, trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and broken into small pieces
- 1 Boston lettuce, leaves separated
Boil green beans 1 minute; drain, and cut into 1-inch pieces. In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large bowl, combine beans, chickpeas, radishes, and nuts; toss with half the dressing. Serve on lettuce, drizzled with remaining dressing.