- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2003
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake on oven rack until tender, 1 1/2 hours. Cool 10 minutes. Potatoes can also be cooked in a microwave on High for 9 minutes, and finished off in a 375-degree oven for about 20 minutes.
Halve potatoes lengthwise, leaving a thin shell; scoop flesh into a medium bowl. Add milk, butter, sour cream, and 1/4 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper; fold in chives to combine.
Scoop filling into potatoes and place in a baking dish just large enough to hold them. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with chives before serving.