Creamy Green Goddess Dressing
When working with parsley, scrape the tough stems with the blade of a sharp knife to easily remove the leaves.
- Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2006
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chervil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Soak anchovies in milk for 15 minutes. Drain; discard milk. Rinse anchovies.
Puree in a blender with remaining ingredients until smooth and pale green. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.