Use leftover topping to make impromptu fruit crisps.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 1998
- 1/4 cup whole blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds on a baking pan. Bake until fragrant and golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Place almonds and granulated sugar in the bowl of a food processor; process until finely ground. Transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
Add flour, light-brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, and mix just until small clumps begin to form, about 1 1/2 minutes. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 1 week, or frozen, up to 1 month.