Making wasabi mayonnaise is a simple way to add an extra kick of flavor to burgers and sandwiches. Note: Raw eggs should not be used in food prepared for pregnant women, babies, young children, the elderly, or anyone whose health is compromised.
- Yield: Makes enough for 6 burgers
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2007
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- Coarse salt
In the bowl of a small food processor, combine egg, vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, ginger, wasabi, and soy sauce; pulse to combine. With food processor running, slowly drizzle in canola oil until mixture is emulsified. Season with salt.