Orzo and Snap Pea Salad
A cross between snow peas and English (regular) peas, sugar snaps have a pod that contains small peas. The entire pea is edible, including the pod.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, June 2004
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo 5 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and squash. Cook until orzo is al dente and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well; return to pot.
Add lemon juice, olive oil, and Parmesan. Season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.