Make this for our Pan Tomate con Jamon.
- Yield: Makes 12 pan-tomate servings
- 6 small, ripe plum tomatoes, cored
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment. Cut tomatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Toss tomatoes with oil and herbs, and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour. Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees. Continue baking until tomatoes are shriveled, about 2 hours.