Grilled Chicken Cutlets with Squash and Tomatoes
These cutlets have a summery flavor, but with a grill pan you can make them anytime. To get grill marks on the chicken, place cutlets at an angle in a grill pan, and don't move them until you flip them over.
- 8 chicken cutlets, or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 yellow squash (1 1/2 pounds), halved lengthwise
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil, torn into small pieces, plus more for garnish
Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Place chicken in a shallow nonreactive dish, and toss with lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, and 1 garlic clove. Cover; marinate 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss squash and tomatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill vegetables until charred and slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let cool slightly, then cut into large chunks. Combine vegetables in a bowl with basil; cover, and set aside.
Remove chicken from marinade, and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; discard marinade. Grill chicken until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Transfer vegetables to a serving platter. Place grilled chicken on top, and garnish with more basil.