Under 30 Minutes
Cold Sesame Noodles
This dish can also be made with Japanese noodles, such as udon or soba, or Chinese rice noodles. Cook according to package instructions.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 ounces snow peas, slivered lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into long, thin strips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeds removed, if desired)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine pasta with snow peas and red bell pepper.
In a blender, puree peanut butter, garlic, jalapeno, soy sauce, rice vinegar, warm water, sesame oil, and salt. Pour dressing over noodles and vegetables; toss to coat. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
SourceEveryday Food, May/June 2003