Carrot and Dill Slaw with Yogurt Dressing
This homemade slaw has loads more flavor than any store-bought version.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, November 2004
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 small white cabbage, halved crosswise and thinly sliced (5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
In a food processor fitted with the shredding disk (or on the large holes of a box grater), grate carrots. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, mustard, sugar, and onion; season with salt and pepper.
Add carrots, cabbage, and dill to bowl; toss well. Top mixture with a plate that fits inside the bowl; weight with a heavy object. Let sit at room temperature 20 minutes before serving.