An assortment of roasted vegetables is the perfect accompaniment to a fondue spread.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake, or button, trimmed
- 2 bunches baby or 3 medium turnips, peeled and left whole or cut into wedges if large, root end left intact
- 1 small delicata or acorn squash (about 1 1/4 pounds), seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 8 to 10 small carrots (about 1 pound)
- 8 very small or 2 medium red onions, left whole and root end left intact or cut into wedges if large
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Divide vegetables and garlic between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle each sheet with half the oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake until vegetables are tender and golden, 40 to 50 minutes.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, February 2006