- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium carrots, peeled, halved on the bias, thicker piece halved lengthwise
- 1 pound medium parsnips, peeled, halved on the bias, thicker piece halved lengthwise
- 4 bulbs fennel, trimmed, inner layers only, quartered (outer layers reserved for Slow-Roasted Balsamic-Glazed Duck)
- 1 pound medium red onions, halved
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated, skin-on
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Maldon sea salt
- Salsa Rossa
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat olive oil in a large roasting pan over high heat; add carrots, parsnips, fennel, and onions; cook, stirring, until slightly browned. Remove from heat and add garlic, thyme, and salt. Transfer to oven and roast until tender and brown, about 40 minutes.
Serve roasted vegetables with salsa rossa.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, December 2010