- 8-10 Brussels sprouts, (about 8 ounces)
- 8 cipollini onions, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 carrot, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 parsnip, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes (about 12 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chervil sprigs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; season generously with salt. Blanch Brussels sprouts and cipollini onions for 2 minutes. Drain. Peel onions, and pat dry along with Brussels sprouts.
On a baking sheet, combine Brussels sprouts, cipollini onions, carrots, parsnips, turnips, and potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread in an even layer. Sprinkle with parsley, chervil, and thyme. Roast, stirring halfway through, until golden and tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.