Trout with Cream, Chorizo, and Peppers
- Servings: 4
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and deveined
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and deveined
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 4 ounces chorizo
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon piment d’Espelette (Espelette pepper)
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) trout, cleaned and boned
- 8 to 12 slices prosciutto
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; with the rack in the center of the oven.
Cut the green, red, and yellow peppers, onion, and chorizo into 1-by-1/4-inch-thick lengths. Place peppers and chorizo into a large skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cream, tomato, and the piment d'Espelette; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the cream has reduced and thickened, 35 to 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the inside of each trout with salt and white pepper. Place 2 pieces of prosciutto vertically, slightly overlapping, on work surface. Place a trout across the center of the prosciutto slices. Wrap each slice of prosciutto around the trout. Repeat process with remaining prosciutto and trout.
Place the trout on the vegetable mixture, and bake until the trout are cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.