This recipe goes well with our Molasses-Spice Cake.
- Yield: Makes enough for one 9-inch cake
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2007
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Add cream, vanilla, and salt, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and let cool until thickened. Use glaze immediately.