Chocolate Tart Dough
- Yield: Makes four 2-by-4-inch shells
Photography: James Baigre
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2004
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. Add yolks, cream, and vanilla; process until mixture comes together.
Turn out dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, and flatten into a disk. Wrap well; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to use, up to 2 days.