- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper; set aside. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In a heatproof bowl, or in the top of a double boiler, set over a pot of simmering water, melt together unsweetened and semisweet chocolates and butter; set aside to cool.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add cooled, melted chocolate mixture, and combine on low speed. Add flour mixture, and continue to beat on low speed until almost combined, about 1 minute. Remove bowl from mixer; stir in milk chocolate by hand.
Using a 1/2-ounce ice-cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 3 inches apart. Bake until set, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheets.