Flame-Grilled Eggplant Dip
This dip can be eaten on crackers, bread, or baby carrots.
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2001
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 coarsely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crudites, bread, and crackers, for serving
Place eggplant over a gas burner set on high (or place under broiler). Cook, turning as needed, until blackened and soft. Set aside to cool. Remove skin; discard. Coarsely chop eggplant; drain in a colander for 15 minutes. Combine eggplant, tomato, onion, olive oil, vinegar, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature with crudites, bread, and crackers.