Toasting small pieces of angel hair pasta gives this dish a nutty flavor. Serve this with our Mediterranean Chicken.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Tina Rupp
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2005
- 2 tablespoons (1/2-inch pieces) angel-hair pasta, broken from about 30 strands
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 (about 3/4 cup) small onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock
Heat a dry, small saucepan over high heat until hot. Add the pasta, and cook, stirring, until deep golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add butter; cook, stirring occasionally, until melted. Stir in onion and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in rice, and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Add stock to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let pilaf stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.