Sauteed Sesame Spinach with Asparagus
Serve this delicious spinach recipe from Repast restaurant's Joe Truex with his Repast-Style Crab Cakes for an unforgettable meal.
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, ribs removed, and julienned
- 1/2 cup small oyster or maitake mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 bunch medium asparagus tips (about 2 inches long), halved lengthwise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, toasted and ground
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Heat sesame oil, olive oil, and garlic in a medium skillet over high heat until garlic starts to brown, about 1 minute. Add pepper, mushrooms, and asparagus. Cook, stirring, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Add spinach and continue cooking until slightly wilted. Sprinkle vegetables with sesame seeds and serve immediately, garnished with lime wedges.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, March 2009