Summer Herb Potato Salad
Rather than mask the rich, buttery taste of Yukon gold potatoes with mayonnaise, enhance it with a chive, tarragon, and chervil vinaigrette.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2007
- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes, halved if large (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chervil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon, plus sprigs for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain.
Whisk vinegar and salt in a bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Add herbs and pepper.
Add warm potatoes to vinaigrette, and toss. Garnish with tarragon sprigs.