This recipe for seasoned breadcrumbs is from Sal Scognomillo of Patsy's Italian Restaurant.
- 1/2 small loaf day-old Italian bread (about 1/2 pound), cut into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch of freshly chopped oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place bread in the bowl of a food processor; process until fine crumbs are formed. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl along with cheese, parsley, oregano, and garlic; stir to combine. Gradually stir in olive oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Store, refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 5 days.