Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 1996
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 pounds parsnips, peeled, cut into 1/4-by-3-inch julienne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large roasting pan; whisk until incorporated. Add parsnips; toss. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder; toss. Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes.
Remove foil; stir. Roast parsnips, uncovered, until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Stir; adjust seasoning. Sprinkle with chives, and serve.