Celery Sticks with Horseradish Cream Cheese
In this light snack, horseradish and Tabasco add heat and tanginess to cream cheese, while crunchy celery provides a cooling contrast.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Victoria Pearson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2001
- 1 bunch celery (2 1/2 pounds)
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, or more to taste
- 5 drops Tabasco or favorite hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Separate the celery stalks. Rinse them free of grit, and peel to remove strings if desired. Cut the stalks into 3- to 4-inch pieces, leaving the tender inner stalks whole. Wrap celery sticks in a damp cloth, and chill for 1 hour before serving.
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish, and Tabasco. Season with the salt and pepper. Serve the cream cheese mixture with celery.