Fresh Pork Sausage
This sausage recipe is from Chef Vitaly Paley's "The Paley's Place Cookbook" and is used in his Savory Bread Pudding.
- 1 pound ground pork shoulder
- 5 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Gather sausage mixture together in a ball, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Sausage may be frozen for up to one month.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, December Winter 2008