- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for dish
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. In a large bowl whisk together eggs. Add milk, pouring in a steady stream while whisking. Add melted butter, cayenne, nutmeg, parsley, thyme, salt, sugar, and corn. Mix to combine.
Pour mixture into prepared dish. Place casserole dish in a deep roasting pan, and fill with boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides. Place in oven, and bake, until set, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve immediately, or let set for up to 30 minutes at room temperature.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, November 2000