- Yield: Makes enough for 30 swirl cookies
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup almond paste (7 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (one stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast nuts on a baking sheet, shaking occasionally, until just darkened, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
Pulse sugar, almond paste, flour, and salt in a food processor until very fine. Add toasted nuts; process until finely ground. Add butter, eggs, and vanilla; pulse until combined. On a sheet of plastic wrap, pat dough into a rectangle; wrap. Refrigerate at least one hour or up to one day.