Pasta with Marinated Tomatoes
Sun-dried tomatoes add a smoky flavor to this simple sauce. Garganelli and penne rigate both hold a thick sauce well.
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound garganelle or penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
Combine fresh and sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Boil pasta in salted water until al dente, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain well, and while still hot, toss with tomato mixture.
Coarsely chop basil, and combine with pasta. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, August/September 1992