Lamb Chops with Yogurt Sauce
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2004
- 4 lamb rib or shoulder chops (about 8 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Season both sides of lamb chops generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook lamb (in two batches, if necessary) until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 140 degrees for medium-rare, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, shallot, cilantro, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve with lamb.