Under 30 Minutes
Baby Broccoli with Orange Sauce
- Coarse salt
- 2 (about 1 pound) baby broccoli, untrimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 shallots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook baby broccoli until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, combine orange juice, shallots, vinegar, and pepper flakes, if using; simmer over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, 3 to 4 minutes. Spoon sauce over baby broccoli; toss gently.