Roasted Vegetables with Goat Cheese
Earthy roasted vegetables, peppery arugula, and creamy goat cheese give this salad an irresistible contrast of tastes and textures.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2004
- 1 eggplant (1 pound), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 zucchini (12 ounces), halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 bunches arugula (8 ounces), stems trimmed
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (4 ounces)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with 3 tablespoons olive oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet; roast, turning vegetables halfway through, until tender and browned, about 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add roasted vegetables and arugula; toss well. Serve sprinkled with goat cheese.