Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing
Make your favorite Japanese restaurant-style ginger dressing at home with this easy recipe.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, December 2004
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced (to equal 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Place carrot in a blender along with ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon water; blend on high speed until carrot is pureed. With the motor running, add oil in a steady stream, blending until incorporated.
Divide lettuce among four serving plates, and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.