Under 30 Minutes
Mixed Green Salad with Citrus Dressing
Salad greens should be crisp, with firm outer leaves. They should also smell sweet, not bitter. When possible, purchase unpackaged lettuce.
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (8 ounces) arugula, stemmed (7 to 8 cups)
- 4 ounces frisee, torn in bite-sized pieces (4 cups)
- 1 small head radicchio (4 ounces), torn in bite-size pieces (4 cups)
In a blender, combine juice, honey, shallot, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. With motor running, add oil in a steady stream until emulsified.
In a large bowl, toss arugula, frisee, and radicchio with dressing; season with more salt and pepper. Serve immediately.