Celery Root, Potato, and Leek Home Fries
Celery root and leeks make home fries into a sophisticated side dish for dinner.
- 5 medium leeks (about 1 1/2 pounds), white and light-green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium all-purpose potatoes (about 12 ounces), peeled and cut into matchsticks (1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide)
- 1 celery root (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into matchsticks (1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place sliced leeks in a large bowl of cold water. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to rid them of dirt and sand. Lift out of water with a slotted spoon and drain.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and other remaining ingredients and cook, turning the vegetables frequently, until browned, about 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings; serve immediately.