Acorn Squash Lasagna
Using no-boil noodles reduces the preparation time by about 30 minutes; ricotta cheese and pureed squash make a rich, creamy filling.
- Olive oil, for baking dish
- 4 cups Acorn Squash Puree, or 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen winter squash puree, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles, half of an 8-ounce package
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking dish with oil; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix squash puree with sage, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In another bowl, mix ricotta with 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
Lay 2 lasagna noodles in the bottom of prepared dish; spread with half the squash mixture. Layer with 2 more noodles, and spread with half the ricotta mixture. Repeat layering with remaining noodles and mixtures. Sprinkle top (ricotta mixture) with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
Cover baking dish with foil; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lasagna is heated through, about 45 minutes; remove foil, and continue baking until golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes more.