Peanut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 3/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3 slices white sandwich bread, torn into small pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; lightly oil, and set aside. In a food processor, pulse peanuts and bread until coarsely ground. Transfer to a wide rimmed medium bowl; whisk in oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a large bowl, beat eggs; season generously with salt and pepper. Add chicken, and turn to coat. One piece at a time, dredge in peanut breading, gently pressing onto chicken; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned and just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
While chicken is baking, cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 3 to 4 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain and transfer to a bowl along with butter and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve chicken with asparagus.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2006