Molasses Baked Beans
Molasses provides a touch of sweetness these rich beans.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, September 2006
- 1/2 cup light unsulfured molasses
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) navy beans, drained and rinsed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 slices bacon, halved crosswise
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine molasses, ketchup, and mustard. Add beans, and season with salt and pepper; mix to combine.
Transfer to a 2- to 3-quart covered baking dish. Scatter onion over beans; then lay bacon slices on top, in a single layer, covering onion as completely as possible.
Cover dish and bake, 30 minutes. Uncover; cook until bacon is crispy, 30 to 40 minutes more. Let sit 5 minutes; mix well before serving.