Ruby Fruit Salad
As the lime juice and brown sugar sit together, they create a delicate syrup that's perfect for the fruit salad.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2006
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 3 purple or red plums (about 12 ounces), halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish (optional)
In a large bowl, stir together sugar and lime juice. Let stand 10 minutes for sugar to dissolve.
Add plums, grapes, blackberries, blueberries, and mint; toss to combine. Refrigerate up to 1 day. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.