Radish Tea Sandwiches
The humble radish has its day blended with cream cheese on pumpernickel bread.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2006
- 1/2 bar (4 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 slices (sandwich-size) whole-grain pumpernickel bread
- 4 large red radishes, ends trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce, or butter lettuce, ribs removed
Spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese in center of each slice of bread, spreading to the top and bottom, leaving a 3/4-inch border on sides. Layer half of bread slices with radish slices, overlapping slightly.
Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; top with lettuce and remaining bread slices (cream cheese side down) to make 4 sandwiches. With a serrated knife, trim off crusts; cut each sandwich in half. Serve.