Black Bean Soup
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2005
- 1 cup thawed Garlic-Pepper Sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Sour cream (optional)
In a medium saucepan, heat Garlic-Pepper Sauce over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
Stir in black beans, chicken broth, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes.
Puree with an immersion blender or regular blender (work in batches, filling container halfway each time). Season with salt and pepper.
Reheat if necessary. Stir in lime juice; serve with sour cream, if desired.