Classic Taco Salad
Whether you're packing work lunches or serving up dinner for four, this crunchy and satisfying Southwestern salad will not disappoint.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2005
- 12 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 head)
- 1 diced ripe avocado
- 2 halved and thinly sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 3 cups thawed Taco Filling
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
In a large bowl, combine chopped romaine lettuce, avocado, plum tomatoes, tortilla chips, and salsa.
Meanwhile, heat taco filling in a saucepan over low heat (or in the microwave). Divide lettuce mixture among four plates; serve with filling. Garnish with sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and more salsa, if desired.