Parmesan-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
These crisp, flavorful baked chicken breasts are stuffed with a mixture of parsley, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2005
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, mix parsley, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and zest. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Divide parsley mixture into four mounds. Carefully loosen chicken skin with fingers; tuck parsley mixture under skin. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a 9-by-13-inch roasting pan.
Bake until skin is crispy, chicken is cooked through, and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 165 degrees, about 30 minutes.