Under 30 Minutes
Lamb Chops with Mint-Pepper Sauce
Take your family on a culinary journey to Greece for dinner tonight.
- 4 (8-ounce) trimmed shoulder lamb chops, 1-inch thick
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
Heat broiler. Rub both sides of lamb chops with rosemary, salt and pepper. Place lamb on broiler pan; broil until chops are browned, turning once, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and mustard. Stir in red bell pepper, fresh mint, and scallion. Serve lamb chops warm, with sauce spooned over the top.
SourceEveryday Food, December 2003