Celery and Apple Salad with Pecans
Toasted pecans and a sour cream dressing blend with celery and apple for this salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2006
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound celery, (8 to 10 large stalks), peeled if desired, and thinly sliced on the diagonal (about 5 cups)
- 1 apple, halved, cored, and thinly sliced, slices halved crosswise
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Set toasted pecans aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, vinegar, and sugar until smooth.
Add celery and apple; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Crumble toasted pecans on top, and serve immediately.