Zucchini with Anchovies and Capers
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds small zucchini, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup drained small capers
Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until it begins to sizzle, about 1 minute. Add chopped anchovies and cook, stirring, until anchovies melt into oil, about 2 minutes.
Add zucchini and cook, stirring, to coat. Season with salt and cook until zucchini are softened and lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add capers and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; serve hot or at room temperature.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, September 2010