Rice Salad with Raisins and Scallions
Adding the golden raisins to the hot rice helps soften them. They plump up as they absorb moisture from the rice.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2006
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small head radicchio, or red Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Cook rice according to package instructions.
Add raisins and oil to rice (while still hot); fluff with a fork. Transfer to a shallow bowl, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.
With a fork, mix in lemon juice, radicchio, and scallions; season with salt and pepper. Serve.