Under 30 Minutes
Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- 8 slices sourdough loaf bread
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 6 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces arugula
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Heat grill to low. Lay slices of bread on a clean work surface; spread with mustard, dividing evenly. To make four sandwiches, layer bread with ham, arugula, cheese, and onion, beginning and ending with cheese.
Place sandwiches on grill; cover grill, and cook until cheese melts, 4 to 5 minutes per side (shift position on grill if necessary to prevent charring).
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2004